Paint Chip Craft - Honeycomb II

 

ROUND TWO!
A request from a longtime friend. I was better able to plan based on what I'd learned from the first go' round. She requested mirror silver, as opposed to the previous hologram silver. It made a world of difference. 
 

I cut pieces in advance to make sure I had enough to complete the project, and sorted them by hue. I laid the first row out completely across the center of my posterboard canvas. 


I found that working across in straight rows was better than scattering. Organizing the cut pieces in advance helped a ton with this step. It helped me visualize a better balance, and place the pieces in the order I wanted. Also, the Cricut machine didn't care for the new chunky glitter and shiny paper, so a lot of hand-cutting was necessary.


I had just purchased a 99-cent mini storage container from Menard's earlier that day when I sought out paint chips. Didn't have a use for it when I bought it, but... 99 cents! It came in handy just a short time later.



It STILL took five hours to complete with a chunk of the work requiring hand-cutting, but the process itself  was simpler the second time around. I finished The Handmaid's Tale series as I placed the last row and the sides and corners. 


Go out and craft some happiness! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paint Chip Craft - Honeycomb Wall Art